LAST MINUTE INFO AND REMINDERS FOR AUTHORU EXTRAVAGANZA 2017
Yes, the Extravaganza is almost here! Below are General Info and Reminders:
- Extravaganza Check-in/Registration:The Extravaganza team will be setting up Wednesday afternoon—stop by and see if you can get yours early. Otherwise, it’s early Thursday AM from 7-8 … breakfast is being served starting at 7:30.
- Parking:ALL Parking is free at the hotel for conference attendees.
- Weather: September in Colorado is pleasant. Warm in the 80s and starting to cool; a thunderstorm is expected on Friday, which are usually short dropping to the 50s in the late evenings.
- Travel form Airport: Complimentary shuttle service to and from Denver International Airport is provided by the Radisson Hotel. Hours of Operation are 4:00 am – 10:45 pm, seven days a week. Guests are encouraged to email itineraries to our transportation department at: Transportation@RadissonDenverSE.com so that we have an adequate amount of shuttles on hand. This does not guarantee that a shuttle will be there waiting for every guest’s individual arrival.
—Upon arrival at DIA
Go to the Baggage Claim Area on Level 5 of the Main Terminal to claim your checked luggage. When you have your luggage call the front desk of the hotel (720-857-9000) and request a pickup at the airport. You will be advised of your pickup time.
The shuttle departs at the top of the hour and picks up at the airport within the hour under normal weather and traffic conditions. Be prepared for up to an hour’s wait, depending on your arrival time. Exit through Door #510 of Terminal West or Door #505 of Terminal East. The shuttle picks up at Island #3.
Please confirm with the driver that you are on the shuttle for the Radisson Denver Southeast in Aurora.
—Other Shuttle and Taxi – Other shuttle and taxi services are available on the Baggage Claim Level. These services would be at your own expense.
—Radisson Hotel Van & Onsite Enterprise Rent a Car – Depending on availability, the Radisson van will transport guests within a five-mile radius of the hotel at no charge. Tips are appreciated for above average service. A list of local attractions will be available at hotel upon arrival. Enterprise phone number: 720-748-6939
- What to Wear:Always dress comfortably for conference and think layers. You never know at what level the air conditioning comes on full blast. Wear shoes that make walking easy Dress in layers to be sure you aren’t too hot or cold as the temperature shifts. Some people do dress up for the Friday’s Dinner & Entertainment, but you will see everything from jeans to cocktail dresses and casual pants to suits. You can dress up for Friday’s dinner, but be assured that you can wear whatever makes you comfortable.
- Thursday Kick-Off: We start EARLY Thursday at 7.30 AM with breakfast sponsored by Charlie Tlapa and Meg Souza of Total Printing Systems. Meet your Exhibitors and set up one-on-one time with them for your publishing needs.
- Conference Name Tag Neck Wallets:Please wear yours AT ALL TIMES. If you are not wearing your official conference badge, you won’t be able to get meals. A huge thanks to Rebecca Finkel of F+P Design for supplying our name tags this year.
- Handouts … Yes … You will have a complete Workbook of all sessions in your Swag Bag at Registration: The Extravaganza has bucked the trend of most conferences to place any type of handouts “online” for attendees to print out for note taking.
- Wi-Fi:There is Wi-Fi in the hotel public areas and the main ballroom. BUT, usage gets crowded. We are asking you to not “play” on your social media channels during sessions unless the presenter directs you to a specific website. Otherwise, we could overload the bandwidth.
- Have a Special Appointment?Arrive 10-minutes early please! If you have an appointment with One-on-Ones, Photo or Video shoot, please arrive 5-minutes before your appointment. This helps everyone stay on schedule and prevents delays.
- Leaving Classes In-Session:If you signed up for an appointment, it is likely that you will have to leave a workshop in-session in order to attend. If you need to leave a workshop in-session, this is perfectly fine and happens throughout conference. Simply gather your things and quietly depart. Once your appointment is over, feel free to return to any workshop in-session.
- Need Help? Have Questions? “ASK ME” ribbons are worn by staff members to supply answers to your questions … don’t be shy! Also, the Registration Table coordinated by Bobby Crew is HQ for conference. We will have volunteers there throughout conference.
- Daily Agenda & Workbook:The Extravaganza Agenda in the front of the Workbook is the go-to document when you’re looking for the workshop schedule and who is presenting.
- Workshop Recordings:We are not video-taping this year. All of us loved the idea of having each presentation video-taped an available to attendees and those who couldn’t attend. The cost to make this available runs several thousand dollars each year. And purchases were a fraction of the cost. We decided to eliminate it due to lack of response.
- Take a Break! We have them scheduled mid-morning; at lunch; and mid-afternoon. And, you don’t have to attend a session every hour. If you need to take a break, then you’re totally welcome to skip a session, go back to your room, hang in the open areas, or find a quiet place to strategize your publishing journey.
- Drink Lots of Water–please!Those of us who live in Colorado know that it’s considered a “high desert” … meaning it is very dry. Most visitors don’t realize that it’s easy to become dehydrated. DRINK LOTS OF WATER throughout the three days!
- Meals:Your conference registration includes several meals—
-Thursday VIP Soiree—this is an add on cost of $25, includes appetizers, pasta station, cash bar
-Friday Coffee in the AM
-Friday Lunch – Buffet Style
-Friday Dinner – Plated Meal and Entertainment – cash bar
-Saturday Coffee in the AM
-Saturday Lunch – Buffet style, Included
- Author Photos: Ashlee Bratton of Ashography will be here to create awesome photos for you. The cost is $275. She’s a master at finding the right spots to deliver a stellar shoot during your stay. Grab your time slot at the Registration desk.
- Author Videos: David Gray of Boulder Independent will have available slots to create a short video for $50—the topic is your choice. Ideal for website, book launch, any special pitch. Wise to keep your video short. Grab your time slot at the Registration desk.